Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hello There!

"I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox 
"and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
"Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold" 
This is Just to Say
by William Carlos Williams



Hey there!

I am sorry about the delay, I can't believe it has already been a month since I last posted - it truly hasn't felt that long. My apologies. So much has happened in the past few weeks, I've been busy traveling (for which my next post will be dedicated to), working, and finishing up assignments.

Black Wall Reach, where we jumped into the Swan River.
Jumped twice, definitely received battle wounds.

Between Point Walter (which was the day after my last post) and now, I have spent a lot of time cracking down on my research for my internship. As a refresher, I am studying the benefits of expanding a homeownership program within Western Australia. I finished a word-vomit rough draft about three weeks ago. Since then, I have been working on revisions and my paper for my Public Policy and the Media course. Oh, and rereading the Hunger Games. Say What?

Murdoch International also help a BBQ at Birra Lake, which is about 45 minutes walking from campus. A few internationals and I got lost on our way over, though adventures are always good. And the lake was wonderful.  Also, the student village, which is like ResLife, rented two party buses and took us into Freo for a free night of dancing at Newport a few Fridays ago. Which, was a really great night - so much fun!

It is crazy to imagine that I have 4 more weeks of classes and a month and two days until my in class final. Pretty soon I will be home, with the chilly November air - too late to rake leaves and too cold to keep up my tan. I'll be living in America again. And as much as I don't want to think about that, I want to focus on being here and not worry over how fast time is flying away from me, I think it is worth noting. This semester is going to end, and oh so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment